OK, so we were rolling right along doing business as Kelly’s Custom Fames and had been doing so quite successfully for 11 years; so “why change a good thing?” asks my husband of 25 blissful years. Well I said, “I have decided to diversify a bit and add an art gallery to the frame shop," so then it became known as Kelly’s Custom Fames and Fine Art Gallery….jeez, that’s a mouthful and how am I going to fit that on my business card? Besides that, Kelly is no longer the owner so this is a great time to re-brand and introduce the Art Gallery. Still not convinced, hubby plays devil’s advocate (a game he knows well), and proceeds to come up with every possible problem that could arise due to the name change and I proceeded to battle back with the enthusiasm of a stubborn 2 year old (a game I know equally well).
Hubby should know better than to think that he is going to win this battle. WE purchased the business in 1998 from Kelly and I have been in charge of it every since. I have worked the business, I have grown the business and I am the president. He does help out, don’t get me wrong, he actually does a lot, and he also knows that “there can only be one president”. Now I must admit changing the name of the business was not an easy task, nor was it inexpensive. In hind site, I’m glad I did it, but I wouldn’t want to do it again. Dave has learned to live with it and probably still isn’t convinced the change was a good thing, but bless his heart, he doesn’t say a word.
So now, here we are ART of Framing, Inc. Like it or not here we come!
Glad to see you blogging!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Gretchen and Mason. Gretch, you need to get back on your blog….very entertaining!
ReplyDeleteJanie