Thursday, September 1, 2011

GOT IT!



I have to tell a funny story about my first days as a framer! Janie and I have been friends for over thirty years and I have had the pleasure of working for her for seven of those years. In the beginning it was not easy, you see, I was a Paralegal when Janie approached me for this position. She knew I was a people person, and was creative in a musical and poetic sense, and that I had a good eye for color! I have to admit, when it came to mounting, matting and finishing, etc. I was at or below kindergarten level and a bit of a fumble thumbs!

Janie painstakingly began my training process, and I do mean painstakingly!….one day I was getting a new blade for my exacto knife out of a box of probably one hundred blades. I opened the box incorrectly and all the blades flew straight up out of the box in a round plumb of steel! I instinctively cupped my hands to catch them with the statement “got it“!. And catch them I did! I only had one blade stuck in each thumb, which Janie carefully removed. We laughed hysterically then looked at each other realizing how bad it could have been! In that moment I wondered “what am I doing here?”

Since that day I have had a multitude of learning opportunities. Through books, videos, two seminars a year, recent extensive training in social media marketing and Janie’s expertise, I have become an accomplished designer and framer! I am always learning something new and that is exactly why I am here!

Thank you, Janie! I finally “Got It!”

--

Cj Day
ART of Framing, Inc.
2505 S Earl Ave.
Lafayette, IN 47905

2 comments:

  1. Ha, ha. I remember that day vividly! I should have nicknamed you CJ Sissorhand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CJ Fumble Thumbs would be good!

    ReplyDelete